Enroll Today in Our Comprehensive Substance Use Counseling Course—Individual Counseling for Addiction Treatment Providers
OASAS-Approved CASAC Section 2 Addiction Counselor Course
Unlock Your Potential in Addiction Counseling: Enroll Now and Transform Lives with Our Comprehensive Online Training
Elevate Your Counseling Skills with Cutting-Edge Theory and Interventions:
Our Counseling Course is designed to propel aspiring addiction counselors to the forefront of the field. Immerse yourself in dynamic online modules exploring the latest addiction theory and evidence-based interventions.
This course is your gateway to mastering the complexities of individual therapy in substance abuse, enabling you to deliver transformative care and support recovery journeys with confidence. Join us, and start making a profound impact from day one.
Enroll now and get 20 Hours towards CASAC or NAADAC Renewal.
Addiction Counselor Education and Training
Online CASAC Section 2:
Individual Counseling In Addiction Treatment
Unlock Your Potential as a Substance Abuse Counselor and Make a Difference in People’s Lives
This is where you learn to be more than a counselor; you become an architect of recovery, crafting individualized strategies that guide the lost back to themselves.
With every lesson, you’re equipped with the profound knowledge and empathetic skills necessary to mend lives fractured by substance use disorders.
Embrace this journey and discover the power to transform despair into hope. Whether you’re stepping onto this path for the first time or seeking to deepen your expertise, this training is your crucible.
Forge your commitment to change as you prepare to make an indelible impact on the hearts you’re destined to heal. Join us, and redefine what it means to make a difference truly.
Counselors who help people with substance problems do very important work every day.
They face tough challenges like insufficient staff, people quitting their jobs, and the overdose crisis ripping through our country.
This course answers some questions:
This course is your beacon, answering the critical questions that shape your profession:
What ethical guidelines should you follow?
Which skills foster recovery?
What core knowledge must every counselor possess?
Now, if you sense your career has hit an impasse, if you’re grappling to effect change in your clients’ lives, it’s time to reignite your passion.
Seize this opportunity to elevate your practice to align your capabilities with your ambition.
Rise above the fray, enhance your expertise, and become the catalyst for change you were meant to be.
Embrace this Individual Counseling course and step forward into a career where every challenge is a call to greatness.
But you don’t have to settle for mediocrity. With EECO OASAS-Approved CASAC Training, Individual Counseling addiction counseling course, you’ll gain the essential knowledge, skills, and ethical guidance necessary for a successful and responsible career in substance abuse counseling.
Dive into our OASAS Section 2, addiction counseling course: Individual Counseling.
If you’re ready to enhance your substance use treatment skills and unlock your skills, strengths, and empathy, then you’re in the right place.
In this comprehensive course, we will dive deep into the ins and outs of Individual Counseling, equipping you with the knowledge and expertise to ensure the best positive outcomes for your clients and treatment program.
You can connect with people deeply to give them the support they desperately need. You hold the power to bring about real change and transformation in your hands.
Just imagine the satisfaction you would feel knowing that you have the necessary tools to help individuals overcome addiction and reclaim their lives.
Envision the gratitude in their eyes as they express their gratitude for your guidance and unwavering support. But it doesn’t stop there.
Think about the ripple effect your work would have on the community.
By equipping yourself with the essential knowledge and skills in substance abuse counseling, you would be able to make a lasting impact on society as a whole.
Each person you help will go on to positively influence the lives of others, creating a chain reaction of healing and growth.
Through lectures, readings, case studies, and interactive activities, students will understand the nature of addiction and the role of the substance use counselor.
Upon completing the course, students will have the knowledge and skills to pursue further education and training in addiction counseling and related fields.
This training can be used towards initial CASAC education and training, CASAC, or NAADAC. Renewals.
With Educational Enhancement, addiction counselor education and training isn’t complicated or stressful.
Break into the field of substance use counseling from the comfort of your own home or favorite cafe.
Study when the time is convenient for YOU.
Register today for our approved distance learning- CASAC training and become the change your community needs.
Who should take
Individual Counseling for Substance Use Treatment Providers?
The Individual Counseling, an addiction counselor course, is an introductory CASAC training designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career as a substance use counselor.
It also serves as a professional development training for substance use counselors credential renewal. The New York State Office approves the training of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) and NAADAC.
This course is also appropriate for individuals in related fields, such as social work, psychology, nursing, or mental health counseling, who want to expand their knowledge of substance use disorders and learn how to integrate addiction treatment into their practice.
Therefore, individuals interested in pursuing a career as a CASAC should consider taking this course as a first step in meeting the certification requirements.
You will receive 20 clock hours for taking our self-study, self-paced, addictions counselor online training.
Are you ready to be the CHANGE your community needs?
Fulfillment in any career starts with efficient education and training.
Every day, alcohol and drug counselors become a beacon for change in their clients’ lives.
Educational Enhancement CASAC ONLINE is committed to providing you with the highest education and training standards for addiction counselors.
Since 2002, Educational Enhancement has trained over 5,000 CASACs in NYS. OASAS approves our program in NYS (provider #0415) and nationally by NAADAC (#254148)
Our online addiction counselor training program provides you with 500+ hours of knowledge, skills, and motivation to make a lasting impression on persons struggling in the throes of substance use disorder.
Once inside our education and training program, you’ll obtain the insight, skills, and interventions to foster recovery and bolster autonomy in your clients.
What is a CASAC?
A CASAC (Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor) is a professional who specializes in helping individuals struggling with alcoholism and substance abuse issues.
Here are some of the critical responsibilities and tasks that a CASAC typically performs:
- Harm Reduction
- Treatment Planning
- Crisis Intervention
- Monitoring Progress
- Continuing Education
- Ethical and Legal Compliance
Overall, CASACs play a crucial role in helping individuals overcome addiction and regain control of their lives by providing counseling, support, and resources to support their recovery journey.
How To Become A CASAC?
To become a CASAC (Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor) in New York, you’ll need to follow specific steps and meet certain requirements.
To qualify as a CASAC, the following prerequisites must be met:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a High School Diploma or its equivalent (HSE)
- Complete 350 hours of CASAC Education and Training by an OASAS-approved education provider.
- Reside or work in New York State for over half of the active application period.
- Obtain evaluations from two individuals based on CASAC’s Ethical Principles
- Accumulate a minimum of 6,000 hours (~3 years) of supervised work experience in an authorized setting; this includes at least 300 hours dedicated to practical training within core competencies.
- Complete an educational program with no less than 350 clock hours and meet one-time mandatory requirements.
- Undergo and pass a criminal background check.
- Succeed in an OASAS-approved examination.
- All these conditions are checked during the application process.
- Detailed information about qualifications, requirements, and curriculum can be found in the CASAC application form.
Online CASAC Section 2: Individual Counseling
What You Will Learn in Individual Counseling:
- Gain the essential knowledge and skills to excel as a substance abuse counselor.
- Develop key counseling skills such as active listening, empathy, and problem-solving.
- Enhance your confidence and job performance as a substance abuse counselor.
- Understand counseling principles and techniques for effective communication with clients.
- Build a strong therapeutic relationship with clients to support their recovery journey.
- Explore ethical guidelines and professional development opportunities.
Enroll today and unlock the key to successful substance use counseling!
I learned so much, from cultural diversity training to professional development. I work as a 1st responder, and the different things I read about and watched videos of helped me be more patient with colleagues and callers needing assistance.
Online OASAS Approved CASAC Section 2
Taking an Individual Counseling Addiction Counselor Course Online can significantly improve the quality of client engagement in several ways:
1. Enhanced Skills: The course equips counselors with a broader range of counseling skills, improving their ability to connect with clients, provide adequate support, and facilitate positive changes in clients’ lives. This can lead to a greater sense of competence and job satisfaction.
2. Increased Confidence: As counselors acquire more knowledge and skills, their confidence in their ability to help clients grows. This can reduce stress and anxiety associated with their work and improve their overall well-being.
3. Better Job Performance: Improved counseling skills can lead to better client outcomes, which is rewarding for counselors. Success stories and positive client progress can boost a counselor’s sense of accomplishment and job satisfaction.
4. Ethical and Professional Development: Learning about ethical guidelines and professional standards in counseling helps addiction counselors make responsible and ethical decisions in their work. This can lead to a more fulfilling and ethically sound career.
5. Career Advancement: Completing a counseling course may open up opportunities for career advancement and specialization within addiction counseling. This can lead to increased job stability and potentially higher earning potential.
6. Reduced Burnout: Effective counseling skills and self-care strategies taught in the course can help counselors manage the emotional demands of their work. This reduces the risk of burnout and compassion fatigue, ultimately contributing to a better quality of life.
7/ Positive Client Relationships: Improved counseling skills and a better understanding of client needs can lead to stronger, more positive relationships with clients. This can be emotionally rewarding and fulfilling for counselors.
8. Personal Growth: Counseling courses often encourage self-reflection and personal growth. Counselors may gain a deeper understanding of themselves, their values, and their motivations, which can lead to greater personal satisfaction.
9. Community Impact: By providing better quality counseling services, addiction counselors can significantly impact their communities and contribute to reducing substance abuse-related problems. This sense of purpose can enhance their overall quality of life.
10. Work-Life Balance: With improved counseling skills, counselors may find it easier to establish a healthy work-life balance, reducing stress and burnout while allowing more time for personal interests and family life.
Engage Your Clients by Mastering the Art of Individual Counseling in Substance Use Treatment:
1. Understanding of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counseling:
Gain an overview of the essentials in counseling individuals with alcohol and substance abuse issues.
2. Theory and Practice of Clinical Management:
Learn the theoretical approaches and practical management of individual recovery processes.
3. Application of Diagnostic Criteria:
Develop the ability to apply diagnostic criteria in the clinical setting.
4. Counselor Communication Skills:
Acquire effective communication skills essential for counseling.
5. Skills and Techniques to Overcome Barriers:
Focus on skills and techniques to address barriers to recovery, including vocational habilitation.
6. Holistic Recovery Aspects:
Address recovery’s biological, psychological, social, emotional, and spiritual dimensions.
7. Medication Knowledge:
Counsel individuals on the use of addiction medications, including methadone, buprenorphine, medications for alcohol dependence, and psychiatric medications.
Elevate your counseling game with our comprehensive course.
You’ll be equipped with the most up-to-date resources. Think about how this training can significantly improve your quality of life.
Online learning offers several benefits that can enhance your personal and professional growth.
- Better balance education and personal life, allowing for optimal school-life balance.
- Enjoy the flexibility of online courses means you can learn at your own pace, fitting your studies around your existing commitments.
- Engage with the accessibility of top-tier education from anywhere.
Enroll in our comprehensive OASAS-approved CASAC Section 2: Individual Counseling for Substance Use Treatment Course today and confidently work as a CASAC in NYS.
Individual Counseling in Substance Use Treatment Program
Course Curriculum | Table of Contents
Module 1: Addiction Counseling Essentials
Module 2: Theory and practice—clinical management and the recovery process
Module 3: Psychoanalytic Approach to SUD Psychotherapy
Module 4: Behavioral Approach to SUD Psychotherapy
• Aversion Therapy
• Contingency Management
• Motivational/ Incentives (Evidence-Based Practice)
Module 5: Cognitive Approach to SUD Psychotherapy
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT)
• Reality Therapy
• Transitional Analysis
Module 6: Humanistic Approach to SUD Psychotherapy
• Adlerian Treatment Approach
• Gestalt therapy Approach
• Patient-centered therapy Approach
• Existential therapy Approach
Module 7: Other Essential Therapies
Module 8: MET; Ambivalence; Motivational Interviewing; and
The Stages of Change
Module 9: Pharmacotherapy
Taking EECO Individual Counseling for Addiction Treatment Providers online can improve the quality of life for students in several ways:
1. Flexibility: Online training allows students to learn at their own pace and on their schedule, accommodating other life commitments like work or family.
2. Accessibility: It can be accessed from any location, reducing the need for commuting and allowing individuals in remote areas to receive training they might not otherwise have access to.
3. Cost-Effectiveness: Often, online courses are more affordable than in-person training, saving students money on tuition and associated costs like transportation and accommodation.
4. Comfortable Learning Environment: Students can engage with the material in an environment of their choosing, enhancing concentration and retention of information.
5. Technical Skills: Engaging with an online platform can improve digital literacy, an increasingly important skill in all professions.
6. Networking: Online courses often have forums and chat groups where students can connect with peers and professionals, expanding their professional network.
7. Work-Life Balance: Without physical attendance, students can better balance their studies with personal life, reducing stress and improving overall well-being.
8. Up-to-date Content: Online courses can be updated more readily than traditional textbooks, ensuring students learn the most current practices and theories.
9. Self-Discipline and Responsibility: The nature of online learning can foster a greater sense of personal discipline and self-motivation, which are valuable life skills.
By providing a flexible, accessible, and often more affordable way to learn, online training can significantly enhance the educational experience and improve students’ overall quality of life.
Commit to professional development. Effective addiction counseling requires you to stay up-to-date with the latest substance use research and the most relevant clinical theories and interventions.
Register and begin the Individual Counseling Addiction Counselor course. Enroll now and elevate your career to new heights with Educational Enhancement CASAC Online.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Current OASAS & NAADAC Approved
Addiction Counselor Course Offerings
To see our other course listings head over to
Online Addiction Counselor
Education and Training Store